Sunday, July 20, 2008

In July 2005, I had just been in my new residence less than two months and was thinking about the things in this "used" house that would need to be repaired. I was so mentally and physically exhausted from the many moves I had made since the loss of my husband that I didn't know that a hurricane named Cindy would make an appearance on the morning of July 7th as a Tropical Storm. I was awakened by the roar of wind as the storm came in to Pascagoula. There was no way that I could get to my daughter's so I rode out that storm alone. Somehow having someone with you makes everything a little better, doesn't it? In August 2005, I was very aware that a storm was in the gulf so I got busy with preparations around the house until my son-in-law arrived to take me to their house. Most people know the outcome of what happened on that fateful day August 29, 2005 so there is no need to reiterate. As terrifying as it was, I am glad I was with them as there has never been a storm like Katrina.

We are rebuilding and I still ride around looking for progress. I have taken so many pictures the last three years that when looking through my blog I have noticed that there are times when I have repeats. Sorry about that. The temperature has been in the 90's for awhile now. I don't worry about the price of gasoline as one can always control that but in this heat our a/c's run constantly and that can be costly.

No comments: