Monday, July 7, 2008


The Fourth of July has come and gone once again. Although the day was an enjoyable one spent with Anita, Dave and the children, I reneged on attending the fireworks display that evening. My reasoning on my reluctance to go was when a person grows older they have seen many fireworks displays and that all of them are virtually the same as previous years, so I stayed home. Well, that may have been my thought at the time but as it turned out my lack of enthusiasm was because I was tired. I have an ever-changing thyroid problem and it became apparent yesterday as I fell asleep many times during the day. I actually was surprised when I awoke this morning fairly refreshed and ready to do something constructive.

Our days are hot and humid here, which is normal but what hasn't been normal this year is there are no bees, butterflies, hummingbirds etc. that are needed to make flowers grow. I literally have two flowers ... a Cosmos and a now beginning to die Poinsettia. I have said that I have seen many fireworks displays and I can also say that I have never experienced a time when flowers refuse to grow and a Christmas flower that refuses to die.



The pictures below were taken on July 4th in a short drive around Pascagoula.






My daughter Anita and I have always enjoyed doing a variety of projects together. She usually finds that such a project exists and I willingly enter into it with her. We have an apostolate making mission rosaries. Mission rosaries are simple to make using twine and different colored beads. So far, we have shipped to Africa and Florida.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.