Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I remember saying that I would write about Katrina since we are nearing a third anniversary but sometimes life takes over, either fairly or unfairly. Unfortunately, I moved next door to a problem that most likely has existed for years. Here's how the new problem started ... after Katrina there were vast amounts of debri brought to the front of our properties for pickup and heavy equipment with claws scooped the piles up but also the dirt and grass that was in your yard. My right front yard started eroding and got to a point that it was time to try to do something about it. About three weeks ago, on a Saturday, Dave, Anita and I laid the beginning sod. The next day I had the sprinkler going on the sod and walked out later to change it's direction. The neighbor was standing in his drive and trying to be nice I said, "Hello ". That was the first mistake, the second was that I asked, "What do you think?" He angrily said, "You need to take it up and have dirt hauled in here, it will never grow." I said, "I didn't know what to do, so I did something". He exploded, "I just told you what to do but you think you know everything and you won't listen to me." I didn't respond to his anger, I went inside.

Monday morning I had the sprinkler watering the sod and walked out to change its direction and couldn't believe what I saw. He had backed his car, that was loaded with broken concrete, up the hill on my sod and was unloading it from my yard. I said, "Please get off my grass, you are going to tear it up". He sneered and said, "I am not hurting your grass and besides it won't grow anyway." I kept asking that he get off my property and I bet you kn0w what was coming when someone is out of control. He started cursing me and calling me names and topped off this assault with a threatening finger pointed at me, "Don't you dare ever speak to me again." I waited until I got inside before I laughed. This man has set my backyard fence on fire, piled trees in front of my house and trespasses. Did I mention all the sleepless nights when he chose the midnight hour to hammer or blow his driveway?

It was garbage pickup today and I watched as he dragged his garbage can up my sod, in my yard, to put it back in the unsightly mess he has on the property line. The cops have been of no help so it's useless to call them.
The picture below of the sod shows spots but it is growing. Actually, I am suspicious of the brown spots. Wouldn't you be?
A moving van is also pictured at the neighbor on his right side that have put a "For Sale" sign in their yard.

I bought a Dell PC and the CD drive was bad as were other things, probably the motherboard since it showed that it had two processors and two C drives. I am waiting on a new CPU as without it this one tends to crash. Each time you get a new CPU you lose everything you have and that requires putting it all back. My daughter helps me with most of it. Our nerves are frazzled from living a Katrina life but we never get to name calling. "smile" Only complete strangers do that!

I shall return!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm more than suspicious about the burn spots on your new sod. Yes - burn... it's burned. Makes me furious. I'm sorry you live next door to a nut. And I'm sorry your new computer is possessed. On the bright side - at least the computer is being replaced... If only neighbors had a return policy.

Ruth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ruth said...

Well you know what they say about trials make us stronger but I have had so many that I think I am insane now. The above deletion was by me as I spelled something horribly wrong. lol