Sunday, September 16, 2007


There is a tiny bit of autumn in the air, the temperature has dropped from the high 90's to the high 80's. I certainly will be glad as there is no tree on the west side of my house and it gets very hot. Years before I moved into my house the next door neighbor had a huge oak in his yard cut down. He likes to tell me how it shaded my house at one time. I told him I was going to plant a tree and he said , "I sure hope it's not a popcorn tree, I hate them." Well guess what, I have been nurturing a popcorn sapling (a Chinese tallow) in my backyard and it is almost 5ft. tall now... it will be planted in October. They grow very fast so maybe in a couple of years I will have shade.

Today I watched the New Orleans Saints play the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I had watched their first game of the season and the Colts ran all over them. Sadly, it was no better this time. Anita, Dave, I and the boys were cheering them on but very soon our spirits went down. How can one team be defeated so much? You actually get angry with them. Maybe having a name like the Saints makes them too nice and they should change their name to the New Orleans Grinders. Regardless, we are there for the Saints and will watch their third game Just maybe with any luck... they will win.

Gone are the days that I will have many pictures of construction. It is moving slowly, very slowly. The picture below is of the apartment complex off Ingalls Avenue. I had reported it should be finished by the end of the year but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. Still ... it is looking good.



The next picture is of linemen working. They are in front of a new Chevron gas station and convenience store that are being rebuilt.

No comments: