Saturday, September 22, 2007


I hate to brag on myself but I was right about the poorly defined depression in the gulf. It was a dud! Nevertheless, I brought all the porch furniture inside (where it still is) gathered important papers, bought snacks and went to stay with my daughter. The rainfall was to be a "gully wash* and I am in a low lying area. An article said we had a "dry run". The news said we dodged another bullet. That's not true, there was no bullet to dodge. Why don't they just say they were wrong? I don't intend to speak about Katrina .. the above was about a storm that never was. As time passes, I read many articles that say people are tired of hearing about Katrina and I underdtand. But you can't be as tired as we are, try living it!

Personally, I watched the first season of "Heroes". I call it way out but because of the fantasy (which I like) I found it very enjoyable. Each character has a unique gift. I like the one where this guy can fly. I think it would be wonderful to fly out of here rather than evacuating, especially when it turns out to be false alarms. Unfortunately, their new season starts on the 24th and the New Orleans Saints will be playing the Tennessee Titans on that evening. Why do I always have to choose?

The pics below are of Pascagoula's post office. Looks like it is going to be awhile before we actually have one.


No comments: