Wednesday, December 19, 2007


When the Christmas Season comes around I sort of transport to wonderland. I am sure that most of us look back to our Christmases when we were a child and can vividly recall the excitement of it all. Writing letters to Santa is nothing new, we all did. I actually was pretty conservative in what I asked for as I didn't take the chance that I might make him angry. Somehow it always worked for me... I got something I didn't put on the list but really, really wanted. I wonder how that happened?

I have taken time away from the Katrina writing at least until Christmas has passed. This isn't the season for all the "heavy" stuff. I will get back to it soon enough.

My daughter and I have always done crafts or baked cookies for as long as I can remember. Today we decided to make some ornaments. On my very first snowman, holding a hot glue gun, I burned my middle finger. We took time out to put olive oil on my finger, covered it with a band-aid and started over. I also messed up a reindeer so I made him look more like a Teddy Bear. It was very pleasant and perfect as there were five children in the house, and a baby boy less than one month old. George was helping us and having lots of fun too. He was solemn in the picture as he knew that I would probably put him on my blog.

See you soon, enjoy the holidays!


No comments: