Saturday, December 15, 2007

Hoping For Snow, Got Fire


Let's say that my Christmas shopping is underway despite the actions of my loony neighbor. My fence was damaged by Katrina in 2005 but still standing at a tilt. After the recent explosion when he started a fire with gasoline, my fence was burned. I was instrumental in helping my daughter and son-in-law while their 2 yr. old was hospitalized and I had waited for the black smoke to dissipate before I left the house. At that time the fence didn't appear to be burned but late last evening between 11PM and Midnight I heard what sounded like a hose being used and I thought Good Lord! .. he must be washing his car at such an ungodly hour. On arising I found that the fence had been on fire last night as I was trying to fall asleep. There is some kind of commotion most every night. I am documenting and adding another few pictures. Katrina was bad but personally I think this man is wilder!



On other side of fence - His yard


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He needs to pay for a new fence for you. He could have burned your house down and killed you while you were sleeping. You did the right thing in calling the police. He's sounds insane.

Ruth said...

Unfortunately Mary the cops hands are tied. The most they can do is talk to him and write up a report. Then it would involve court and getting a judgment against him which he would not pay. So it's all pointless. The fence is leaning much more now as there is not as much support as it was. Probably when it falls in HIS yard, he will sue me. lol

Anonymous said...

Lol....you know what? As absurd as that sounds..he would probably try it...and worst of all..he'd probably win...lol. I know here..the city steps in and gives people like him a deadline to clean up their property...there is no excuse for that junk he has back there. Bet he is violating some sort of city ordinance or something.Not too long ago..we had a case where someone broke into a home while the people were there, so the homeowner shot him in the leg...guess what? The burglar sued the homeowner. Why? Because he was only going to steal and not harm them...so the judge ruled that the homeowner was wrong for hurting the burglar and the bad guy won...the homeowner had to pay the robber money...insanity...Ijust don't understand. I hope you will be okay. Maybe he will move.