Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Well here I am again. I stay away longer as there hasn't been much to talk about ... don't want to bore you. Time is passing and each day we are farther from the 2005 hurricane but that doesn't mean we are back to normal, far from it. We find ways to go on with an ordinary life after such an extraordinary disaster. I bet you can do that too, all of us can. There is that resiliency in people to survive. Sure life can change in a "blink of an eye" but we can go on. Take me for instance, I retired and came back to my hometown with all kinds of plans that never had the chance to happen but I have found ways to happily go on. You may have noticed that I post comments about the New Orleans Saints games and recently posted one about the unbelievable TD pass that Brett Favre threw for the Green Bay Packers. Although the Saints have players from many different states like Reggie Bush, it's the closest team to the area I live in. Brett Favre is from Kiln, Mississippi. Now here's the amazing thing..... I have never watched a football game in my entire life. My point is??? We can change if we have to.

I am still having a little trouble with the thyroid disease that is unfortunate to have but, all in all, I feel great. Dave, my son-in-law planted the "popcorn tree" for me in my side yard but it died. So now I have red maples planted there. In about 50 yrs., I should see them casting a cool shadow or two. Hope I am still around.

There aren't many pictures to take anymore to show you. I heard that Pascagoula's post office has a few walls up so I will soon get a pic for you. The weather down South has turned cold, will be in upper 30's tonight. Beats the heat!!

No comments: