Thursday, November 1, 2007

Has anybody ever been "wiped out" by just handing out treats on Halloween? My youngest daughter is very near to having a new baby so I was standing in for her. I speak of one daughter out of the four I have more often because we live in the same town, so naturally we do many things together. The area she lives in gets a huge portion of little children coming for candy treats and it takes quite a bit of energy to make sure that none are left out. Dave took his two little daughters trick or treating, George and William went through the neighborhood. as the big guys they think they are, on their own. They returned with overflowing bags of candy and announced that they were going to change their clothes and go to a party, of course they didn't!

Several people found it necessary to attach pamphlets to the candy bags on the history of Halloween. The Catholic Church was mentioned in a nice way except one was just a tad inflammatory. I have mentioned that I am a Catholic and have heard many awful things in my lifetime but catholicity has made me who I am and I shall remain steadfast. Even Christ was a stumbling block, He was called many things and because of disbelief in the "hard sayings", He was crucified. On Halloween, many people flock to the big house on the corner because they know, without a doubt, that they will never encounter prejudice.
Okay my grandkids are waiting for me to put up their pictures and so here goes.

Strawberry Fairy

Super Girl

Delta Force Soldier

Count Dracula

No comments: