Friday, November 30, 2007

Time to get ready for the holidays. No matter how 2007 may have treated me, when it's Christmastime, all memories of the struggles in the past year are forgotten. Who doesn't love Christmas?

I kept four grandchildren for 2 1/2 days while their Mom was in the hospital. All in all it turned out well .. I survived. Anita The rest of my week was spent raking and bagging leaves. At my last doctor's appointment I was told again to get more exercise. Well what he said was to go to a gym and workout. Since I couldn't see me in the "garb" they wear with a sweatband around my head, I decided to go back to yard work. I had a yardman for months while I was trying to regain my prior energy after contracting a thyroid problem. Happy to say my energy is back. I went out yesterday to start my riding mower to cut the leaves up and blow them in a pile that would be fast and easy to rake. It wouldn't start.. battery was dead. One thing I have learned since I lost my husband is just ask everybody and eventually someone will help. My neighbor charged the battery for me and all was well again.

I rode around Pascagoula today and things are looking much better. I have these flashbacks where I see the debris that was scattered everywhere. All that is gone and we are working on making a nice community again. We are hindered though as I suppose everyone is around the country. The cost of food, gasoline and insurance is staggering. I received my home insurance bill today and they went up $1149.00 more on the year. Same with auto insurance. Was paying $383 every 6 months .. now it is $650 every six months. Something has to give!

Think of my frustration as I watch the New Orleans Saints once again play the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. They lost the last game against them but maybe a miracle will happen and they will win this one.

Post Office


M&M Bank

Construction


Note Katrina Cottage




No comments: