Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hurricane Ike


These are pictures I took before noon today of how Hurricane Ike is affecting our area. I am at my daughter's house as the area I live in has been evacuated because of the rising of the Pascagoula River. I might add that I am dictating and Anita is typing on her laptop as we speak. I miss my computer.

I have such an aversion to water that I can't even look at a glass of it. I have told you before that Moss Point's water is so dirty and brown that I have a hard time bathing in it - I jump in and jump out. But I think it's more that because I am afraid of water that I complain about the color of it.

Two weeks ago we found ourselves evacuating to Atlanta, GA because of Hurricane Gustav and now I have had to evacuate from my home off River Road because of rising water.

We were always sorry that during Katrina the Terrible that we were not able to take pictures. So I have my camera this time and a fully-loaded battery. If worse comes to worse -- I'll have pictures.

No comments: