Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Not only will the projected President of the United States have a strange and foreign sounding name, our hurricanes at this late date seem to be following suit. As Gustav decides whom it will wreak havoc on, I know that I should be making preparations just in case it is our area but I can't. Strangely, I have become lax just trying to figure out what is happening. There is a phrase that plays and replays in my mind, "the Russians are coming, the Russians are coming". We can't seem to get back up from the blow that we took here from Katrina. There are no shelters for us .. in vain we try to find rooms in hotels that are miles away. I, for one, am tired. I will not board up the windows etc., I intend to just close the door behind me as I leave my house and go to my daughter's as I did doing Katrina. Will we be safe? Who knows? Maybe as safe as one can be having Chevron refinery so close to my daughter's that now puts out 365,ooo barrels of oil a day. There's that haunting word again, "Oil". It seems to be prevalent in the news today.

Three years later and not much progress. I read recently that one of the coast's cities put their country club back that cost millions of dollars. A lot of "hoopla" was made over that accomplishment. I apparently am different in that I see the suffering of the PEOPLE and , yes, they do suffer. There are still 4000 in Fema trailers or mobile homes. Do they hope for their world to get better as President Elect Obama says so often or should action be taken? I go for the latter.

No comments: