Thursday, August 7, 2008

It's raining here tonight but I think it's too late to save flowers or lawns. For the past three years we have had droughts and very high temperatures ... today was 96 degrees. I love a rainy night with the roll of distant thunder. It's very pleasant to me. Yes, sometimes we have what I call normal weather and sometimes we have had fierce hurricanes. On August 29th, it will be three years since Katrina came into our lives and devastated our cities. Not any one area in Pascagoula is completely rebuilt and spruced up. I drove around today and I noticed only a few cars or none on the route I took. Where are the people? Well, if they are like me, they are staying close to their homes. Why? I haven't the vaguest! Could we just be tired of surviving, waiting and apprehensive that something that shouldn't have happened may happen again? Will another hurricane take a "swipe" at us and destroy what we have struggled to put back? I am able to ask all the above questions because it is the way I feel. Maybe the handful of people I see in Wal-Mart or in grocery stores and gas stations is an indication that people are having a rough time making ends meet. And maybe, like me, they stay home to protect what they still have.


Post Office

Fema Trailer In Back

Market Street

Market Street Crossing Hwy 90

You can see from the pictures why I ask, "Where are the people"?

No comments: