Tuesday, May 27, 2008

BOOMING AND SPLASHING

I am thinking about going out next week to take a few pictures to show you. I haven't been doing that for awhile now as there is nothing new in the way of development ..... that speaks for the rest of the Coast too. But let me tell you ... we are certainly Ka-Booming and Splash Padding. I don't see that as development when people are in trailers and nothing much has been done for them in the way of affordable housing. People are worried about insurance on their homes and cars. The cost of food is outrageous as is gasoline. June 1st is the beginning of hurricane season and I am here to tell you that in 3 yrs. there have been no shelters built. If we are ordered to leave the area most of us won't be able to afford the gas or hotel prices. I recently read where Apple Computer is going to locate in Ridgeland, Mississippi, just north of Jackson. How does that help us? Development seems to continue going north of us. Despite what the news reports, it is far from the truth. I have been reading about disasters around our country over the past years and it seems the aide money was never of benefit to the people. So we are not being picked on ... it seems to be a natural order. Them first and peons last or never.

Well, that's my "two cents worth" you might say but, to us, it's our life.

No comments: