Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A daughter lives in Palm Bay, Florida and hasn't been able to go back to the neighborhood. When sensational news makes headlines and eventually dies out, the tragedy still goes on for the people. I received this from my daughter this morning. The food she mentions is her attempt to save the meat she bought with her "stimulus" check.

"Hey Mama...I am at a library in another town..ours is closed. I can't call because I can't recharge my cell very easy...Walgreens let me charge it up after I talked to you..plus it is a prepaid cell...you can call, but I can't talk long. Power is still off....they are working on it round the clock...guess the lines melted. We are filthy and trying to save our food....each day it warms up a little more....160 homes destroyed...they say they arrested someone for arson...guess they caught him trying to set another one. Please pray this is over soon..the kids are miserable as you can imagine. I'll be in touch soon."

No comments: