Sunday, January 13, 2008

I am once again losing interest in writing about Katrina and how it affected our lives. I have focused on the "whole" people, not the "individual" people for over two years. I feel that if I continue writing the way I have that I will be trivializing the ongoing problems in our area. As I drive around taking pictures of new homes being rebuilt or a business being re-opened I can sense the anxiety that went into each endeavor. All of us everywhere have "one" lifetime to build or buy a home and, if good fortune smiles on you, there can be several. When a disaster strikes and your home is destroyed, you build amidst chaotic uncertainty. Not ... "Can this happen again"? but "Will this happen again"? We already know it can but praying it won't!

I have personally been a party to the chaos that I have witnessed in my daughter and son-in-law's struggle to repair their home. Anita

I will continue to note Pascagoula's progress. The pics below are of the pier on the beach. It will be lower than the previous pier and has concrete pilings.

No comments: