Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I haven't been writing much these days as I am tired again.. the dreaded thyroid problem. I can contract most any disease with this immune disorder and ironically the most prevalent one is Lymphoma .. like my late husband had. He lived 9 yrs. with the disease fighting everyday for his life. Unfortunately, I am much older than he was and don't think I have that much energy left to fight as he did. I think I exhausted myself fighting it with him. BUT I am still hopeful that none of the things mentioned will occur. I have a doctor's appointment Monday.

Have I told you lately that it is still not quite normal in our areas? There is still so much to do to get rid of the "hurricane just hit" look. For instance, we have torn up streets and that is bad but what makes it worse is the city needs to neatly trim the grass back from the curbs. That would make a big difference in appearance. Pascagoula is paving many streets but many won't be touched until 2010, if then. What I have noticed is when I think an original house that withstood Katrina is repaired because people are living in it, I find sheetrock and woodwork the next week piled in front of their houses. That means they have been living in a damaged home for over two years doesn't it? Will it ever end for the people? Tired as I am, I drove around today looking for pics. I found nothing that you haven't already seen. Maybe tomorrow!

Washington Avenue
Beach Park

Open for Business - Ingalls Ave.

No comments: