Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Nation Divided

Today I returned to the real world, after many days of listening to all the speeches from both candidates. As I listened I felt that I wasn't in America anymore. I heard kill the unborn, let gays have the same privilege of a lawful marriage, bring our troops home and a mention of the need to form a military militia here in America. Who would they be fighting against? Us?

It seems that a Democrat is still a Democrat but a Republican is no longer a Republican that votes on the issues at hand. but simply a Racist.
I have learned something pretty late in my life from this campaign .. being born in Mississippi, I have heard our state called racist many times and I would soul search and ask myself "Am I racist"? The answer is no. I have videos on my site of Alan Keyes and Alonzo "Zo". I would have voted for Keyes in an instant and had Alonzo been on the ticket, he would have gotten my vote too. Why? Because they have the same values I have.

The final tally of votes shows that America is divided. Oh! We have always been, in a sense, divided because of different issues but now we are presented with horrific issues that most certainly divide us. It is said, that a nation divided against itself will fall and I fear that we will.

No comments: